To get a sense of what a public profile looks like, check out Decarbon’s public profile!
- Public profiles explained
- How to create your public profile
- How to share your public profile
- Communications Toolkit
- Related articles
Public profiles explained
Your public profile is a web page that your customers, friends, family, and anyone can visit to learn more about why you care about sustainability, the practices you’re taking to reduce your carbon footprint, and carbon removal projects that you’re supporting. We know you care about the planet and want to give you a tool to showcase what you’re doing and inspire others to take action.
How to create your public profile
- First, click or tap on Profile in the navigation. Then, select Public Profile from the menu list.
- This will open up the public profile homepage, where you can learn more about public profiles as well as edit, view, and share your profile.
- Click or tap on the “Edit” button in the bottom right corner. From there you can customize your profile by filling in the information in the text fields and adding a cover and profile photo to your public profile.
- Once you add your images, we encourage you to use the links to review your Climate Actions, Recent Carbon Purchases, and Carbon Budget. Visitors to your public profile will be able to see an overview of these. Once, your profile is to your liking, toggle your profile to the public and tap Save!
How to share your public profile
Once your public profile is live, the next step is to share it with your customers, friends, family, and community! To share your public profile, click or tap the Share button from the public profile homepage. You can also share it directly to your social media accounts from your public profile page.
Another great way to showcase your public profile is by printing out your Decarbon Certified plaque and hanging it on your storefront. The plaques are an honor system, and we encourage you to hang it only after you create a public profile. Below are the instructions!
Did we miss something? Not to worry! Just email us at email@example.com